Decarbonisation favors small resources
01. Space is opening up for new energy
In a short time, the use of fossil fuels will be reduced and mainly fossil sources of electricity, but also heat, will be shut down.
They will be replaced by RES, gas and probably in the Czech Republic by nuclear energy.
All these new sources have significantly higher production costs.
As a result, the price of electricity and heat will increase several times.
A similar situation will be in the whole Central European region:
- By 2025, 45 to 50 GW of torque will be shut down.
- By 2050, this will be a total of 103 to 142 GW of torque.
- It will not be necessary to climb 190 to 200 TWh of new electricity until 2025 alone.
02. How much electrical power will be missing in the Czech Republic?
Within twenty years, about half of the current installed capacity will be shut down.
Around 2030, most coal resources in the Czech Republic will be shut down.
Shutdown of resources will be reflected in the lack of power and electricity production.
The outage will have to be replaced by new sources with multiple production costs.
- From 2026, the Czech Republic would be in deficit without new sources of electricity - with the need for imports.
- In the absence of new sources, this deficit will reach up to 8 GW in 2050 - the system will lack approximately 45% of the required power.
- This will open up space for new resources and, for many reasons, smaller resources scattered throughout the Czech Republic.
03. How to prepare for the lack of electricity production and the associated price increase?
It is high time to invest appropriately in your own energy resources.
You will save costs, increase revenues and you can also benefit financially in the long run from the high demand for energy - electricity production can become a new source of revenue in the range you choose.
The development of the energy market thus brings not only risks but also new business opportunities.
04. What are the main benefits of own resources?
If you have a source of up to 20 MW of heat input in the fuel (which will be the majority of smaller sources in the company's energy sector), you will not be burdened with the risk of now sharply rising emission allowances (or at least).
There are no distribution fees (depending on the voltage level, the saving is 20 - 50%).
From a customer, you can become an energy producer and provide flexibility as a new source of revenue.
Greater competitiveness - less reliance on rising market prices - as they rise, you will make money as a producer.
|allowances||significantly less risk|
|electricity distribution and transmission charges||significant reduction|
|rising electricity prices||significant risk reduction to a new opportunity|
|electricity generation and supply to the grid||new source of income|
|flexibility delivery||new source of income|
05. Who should think of a new resource first?
The energy concept and investments in new sources should focus in particular on:
medium to large production companies with long-term high consumption of energy or heat,
smaller industrial producers with more stable heat consumption can successfully invest in cogeneration,
operations with permanent operation and heat consumption such as warehouses, distribution centers, etc.
public institutions with more permanent operations such as hospitals, nursing homes,
|Investments in new resources and technologies are especially suitable for:|
|replacement of own independent heat production by cogeneration production|
|replacement of all existing coal technologies|
|replacement of obsolete gas cogeneration|
|and the replacement of other obsolete or prospectively inefficient resources and technologies|
06. What are the options?
Especially in industrial companies, the own cogeneration unit has the greatest potential.
The cogeneration unit can be suitably combined with well-dimensioned photovoltaics.
With the greater development of RES, it is also possible to count on investments in gas sources for regulatory services and advances. To provide flexibility, it is advisable to connect batteries or an electric boiler to the electrical system - the advantage must be assessed individually.
- The need for energy storage will be due to high production from renewable sources
- Daily accumulation can be formed by battery systems or pumped storage hydropower plants
- Seasonal accumulation is solved by the production of hydrogen or synthetic methane.
- Electric boilers will be located in industry, but also for small customers and will consume surpluses from the production of photovoltaic sources.
- Backup gas engines will be needed beyond the engines in cogeneration units and will back up production from renewable sources.
- Gas engines in CHP will be located in companies and heating plants.
- CCGT (Combined Cycle Gas Turbine) are gas sources for electricity production
|gas engines for backups||60||200||5750||1520|
|gas engines for CHP||474||1301||500||1488|
|CCGT in heating plants||95||2431||2087||2093|
07. What is the return on investment in new technologies?
Energy is a capital-intensive field with lower risks and a very good perspective.
Its annual profitability is not as high as, for example, in IT or electronics - but the profitability is safer and sustainable in the long run.
Today's investment in new energy will definitely pay off and will pay off richly in the future.
The only risks are such a poorly chosen strategy, poor combination of resources and incorrect timing.
|Photovoltaics with subsidies and good application of production in the area: 3 to 6 years|
|Batteries for power balance services: 3-5 years|
|Gas engines for CHP – more stable heat consumption: 3-5 years|
|Gas engines for CHP – more seasonal heat consumption: 5–10 years|
|Electric boilers for power balance services: 2 to 4 years|
The given examples are model, but verified by experience and practice.
The choice of the optimal solution is always purely individual for each company or institution.
It depends on the type and periodization of production, the amount of energy consumed, the method of connection to energy networks, etc.
08. Every successful energy needs a well-thought-out concept
And that's where we are here. We will design such an individual energy solution tailored to you,
MAKE THE ENERGY REALLY PAY OFF YOU.